Download Full Text (106 KB)
Friday, March 25, 2011
One year after the conversation with New York Law School, David Kappos, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, will discuss the efforts taken by the USPTO to ensure a more robust infrastructure of IP rights and protections. Mr. Kappos will specifically highlight:
• The role of universities in IP diffusion.
• Patent reform and the support it has received in Congress.
• The President’s strategy for economic growth through innovation using the USPTO as a foundation.
• The impacts of Peer To Patent.
• The Green Technology Pilot and Three-Track program to underscore unprecedented social enterprising.
New York Law School, "The Contours of Strong Patent Policy in the 21st Century" (2011). Institute for Information Law and Policy at NYLS (Event Posters). 72.