Soon after Paul Herzog graduated from New York Law School in 1894, he joined with M. Warley Platzek and Moses J. Stroock to form the firm of Platzek, Stroock & Herzog. Herzog, who was an admirer of the arts, owned the Harlem Opera House, the Apollo Theatre, the Odeon Theatre, the Roosevelt Theatre, and the Douglas Theatre. Although Herzog left the firm in 1900, Walter S. Dryfoos, New York Law School class of 1899, soon became the firm's fourth partner at what was then called Stroock & Stroock, illustrated in this sheet of firm stationery. Today, the firm is known as Stroock & Stroock & Lavan.
Stroock, Dryfoos, Herzog, New York Law School