Download Full Text (108 KB)
Thursday, April 2, 2009
In this 75-minute program, IP lawyer Edward T. Colbert will present an overview of trademark essentials for the entertainment law practitioner:
• How trademark protection attaches to goods and services—and when it doesn’t.
• How trademarks should be cleared prior to use.
• How to distinguish a strong trademark from a weak one.
• The key elements in a successful trademark registration.
• How “trade dress” and URLs fit in the mix, and the means by which trademark rights are protected—and lost.
New York Law School, "Trademark Law and the Entertainment Industry" (2009). Institute for Information Law and Policy at NYLS (Event Posters). 81.