Albert G. Milbank, Class of 1898, was among the founding partners of what would become Milbank, Tweed, Hope & Webb (formed on March 1, 1931), as successor to the merged firms of Masten & Nichols (where Milbank had been) and Murray, Aldrich & Roberts. Milban joined the firm in 1899, becoming a partner in 1902, and the active senior partner in the late 1920s. The firm eventually came to be known as Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy. In addition to his work as a philanthropist, Milbank was one of the founders of the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton and a member of its first Advisory Board. He was also the Mayor of Lloyd Harbor Village from 1927 to 1947.